ChicagoCAC is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
Just as our work to help children and families heal from abuse is a public-private partnership, our funding represents a mix of private and government sources.
In our 2021 fiscal year (July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021), our revenue was $7,113,210. We receive funding from government sources and private sources, including individuals, grants and our special events.
The numbers below are unaudited and exclude the net effect of a 10-year lease donated by the City of Chicago, as well as in-kind contributions and contributed services.
Annual Reports + 990s
Our annual reports highlight the successes of our programs and departments while demonstrating our responsible spending, while our Form 990s account for our spending in a given tax year.
Our work to help children and families heal from abuse is made possible by public-private partnerships. We are grateful to receive funding from government grants, generous individuals and the following private foundations.
- Chicago Department of Family and Support Services
- Chicago Department of Public Health
- Cook County Justice Advisory Council
- Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority
- Illinois Attorney General’s Office
- National Children’s Alliance
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime
Foundation and Corporate Partners:
- Anonymous Private Foundation (2)
- Paul M. Angell Family Foundation
- Ascension Saint Mary
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation
- BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois
- BMO Harris Bank
- Brighton Park Neighborhood Network
- Bright Promises Foundation
- Chicago Bears
- Chicago Community Trust
- Chicago White Sox Community Fund, a McCormick Foundation Fund
- CME Group Foundation
- A.G. Cox Charity Trust
- Crown Family Philanthropies
- Dr. Scholl Foundation
- The Duchossois Family Foundation
- George M. Eisenberg Foundation for Charities
- Andrew and Alice Fischer Charitable Trust
- Lloyd A. Fry Foundation
- Grant Healthcare Foundation
- Heartland Children’s Foundation
- The Hearst Foundation, Inc.
- John R. Houlsby Foundation
- Kovler Family Foundation
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Robert R. McCormick Foundation
- McGraw Foundation
- Oberweiler Foundation
- People’s Gas Community Fund
- Polk Bros. Foundation
- The John and Kathleen Schreiber Foundation
- Selah Way Foundation/The Foundation United
- Speiser Family Foundation
- United Way of Metro Chicago
- VNA Foundation
- Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
- Willow Springs Charitable Trust
- W.P. & H.B. White Foundation
ChicagoCAC hosts special events to raise funds and awareness for our work. Individuals and corporations can support the center through tickets, sponsorships and donations to our silent auctions.