At Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center (ChicagoCAC), we work every day to protect children, battle abuse, and restore lives. We are the city’s only nonprofit organization that coordinates the efforts of child protection staff, law enforcement professionals, family advocates, medical experts, and mental health clinicians under one roof. ChicagoCAC doesn’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our families, and our community.
We strive to be a place where employees can do their best work and be their best selves. We prioritize diversity and believe in a culture rooted in collaboration, growth, and mobility. From competitive salaries and benefit packages, as well as a commitment to equity, we offer our employees advantages that improve their personal lives as well as their careers.
In addition to making a significant impact on children’s and families’ lives, ChicagoCAC offers amazing benefits for our staff, which include:
- BCBS HMO and PPO healthcare coverage options with an opportunity to add family members to plans.
- Free life insurance at 2x your salary up to a maximum of $200,000.
- Additional pay of 10% of your salary up to $7,500 per year (available after 6 months of employment) to use towards a menu of benefits such as: additional health benefits, dental, vision, long-term disability, short-term disability, 403b plan, a Roth option, legal coverage, dependent care, flexible spending, and taxable spending.
- Taxable spending may be used for health club membership, fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, among other options.
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”): PTO starts accruing the first day of employment and accrues at a rate of 35 days in a 12-month period.
- PTO days are used for all days off, including holidays and sick time so you have maximum flexibility in the use of your PTO.
- Timing of vacations may be dependent on client needs, as that’s our first priority.
- PTO goes up to 40 days after 5 years.
- Additional PTO for FMLA-related reasons up to 20 days.
- A remote work policy that provides flexibility in work hours so long as operational needs are met.
- Regular expert training on evidence-based therapy modalities, which includes being able to earn Continuing Education Units.
- A wonderful facility dog (Mac) who provides comfort and support to our kids and loves staff visits when he’s not working.
- The ability to wear jeans and enjoy afternoon milk and cookies every Friday!
If you share our passion for providing hope and healing to children and families who have experienced abuse and trauma, and possess the qualifications we’re looking for, please submit an application!
You can also go here to see our internship and externship opportunities.
The Clinical Supervisor provides administrative and clinical supervision to a team of mental health therapists and ensures that clients and families receive appropriate quality, timely, trauma informed clinical services appropriate to their needs.
The Custodian maintains the ChicagoCAC as a clean and safe environment for all clients, employees, partners and guests.
The Donor Relations Specialist is responsible for the recording and acknowledgement of the ChicagoCAC’s donor data and donations using the Raiser’s Edge NXT donor software and maintains optimal data integrity using best practice techniques.
The Events & Marketing Specialist coordinates the Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center’s events and organization-wide marketing efforts.