Circles of Safety
Join ChicagoCAC for this full-day symposium on preventing child sexual abuse. Registration is limited and expected to sell out!
Protecting children from sexual abuse means understanding healthy sexuality across all stages of childhood. Through this training, you’ll learn about sexual development in children and youth so that you can better discern expected and potentially concerning behaviors. We as providers, parents and caregivers are better able to foster safety and prevent child sexual abuse with this important knowledge.
This workshop focuses on preventing the sexual abuse of children through:
- discussion of developmentally expected sexual behaviors in pre-pubescent children
- raising awareness of the scope of sexual abuse and keys for prevention
- coaching participants on how to respond to behaviors and promote healthy relationships
- teaching valuable tools to take back to the children and families you serve
- Become informed on the scope of child sexual abuse
- Increase comfort and skills in discussing children’s sexual behaviors
- Recognize healthy children’s sexual behaviors
- Identify and respond to warning signs in children’s behaviors
- Understand the connection between understanding children’s sexual behaviors and preventing child sexual abuse
- Practice with new skills
Jenny Coleman, Director of Stop It Now!, a non-profit dedicated to child sexual abuse prevention. Ms. Coleman has over 25 years experience working with youth and families exposed to trauma and with sexual abuse prevention , and is a licensed clinician. Through Stop It Now!, she has implemented the Circles of Safety curriculum both nationally and internationally since 2011. www.StopItNow.org