Providing Access Toward Hope and Healing (PATHH) is a group of mental health providers committed to improving the mental health system in Chicago.
Convened by Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center and led by a steering committee, the collaboration is an alliance of 29 non-profit agencies that provide evidence-based, trauma-informed therapy for children and families who are victims of sexual abuse.
Through strong partner and funder collaboration, shared resources, coordinated mental health service delivery and advanced training for clinicians throughout Chicago, PATHH helps ensure that children have access to trauma-informed treatment in a timely manner. PATHH is committed to serving children who are most in need and may not otherwise have access to community service providers due to financial, transportation or language barriers.
Our vision is that all victims of sexual abuse as well as their families receive timely, appropriate, efficient and effective trauma-informed treatment in order to heal from the effects of sexual abuse.
Our mission is to maintain a collaborative partnership of Chicago-area agencies that will unite and work together to serve children and adolescents who have been affected by sexual abuse, as well as their families, in order to broaden and bridge access to mental health services.
PATHH White Paper
Written by Stephen Budde, PhD, LCSW and Jan Waters, MS, LCPC, this white paper recaps successes of PATHH, lessons learned and plans for the future of mental health treatment for children in Chicago. It also features recommendations for other organizations to replicate PATHH in their communities.
- Advocate Childhood Trauma Treatment Program
- Albany Park Community Center
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Association House
- Casa Central – Safe Start
- Catholic Charities
- Center for Contextual Change, Ltd.
- Children’s Home & Aid
- Children’s Research Triangle
- Community Counseling Centers of Chicago (C4)
- Family Focus Englewood – Safe Start Program
- Heartland Alliance – Victim Recovery Services
- Innovative Counseling Partners
- Jewish Child and Family Services (JCFS)
- Juvenile Protective Association (JPA)
- La Rabida Children’s Hospital – Chicago Child Trauma Center
- Lotus Trauma Care, LLC
- McKeever Health and Clinical Services, LLC
- Michelle Cutler, Ph.D. and Associates
- Mount Sinai Hospital – Under the Rainbow Program
- Mujeres Latinas en Acción
- Pillars Community Health
- Sarah’s Inn
- Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare
- UCAN Clinical & Counseling Services
- UIC Developmental Disabilities Family Clinic
- Youth Outreach Services (YOS)
- YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago
For more information, contact Jan Waters: (312) 492-3183 or JWaters@ChicagoCAC.org