The Chicago Prevention Alliance (CPA) unites prevention educators through collaboration to end sexual harm against or by young people.
Mission: We unite prevention educators through collaboration to end sexual harm against or by young people.
Vision: We envision a Chicago where no young person is sexually harmed.
- The Chicago Prevention Alliance believes in using research, evaluation and data to inform primary prevention strategies.
- CPA seeks to utilize complementary and diverse skill sets already embodied within its member organizations, and will partner with local schools, youth-serving organizations, advocates and political entities charged with ensuring safe and equitable education and programming for children and youth.
- CPA seeks to engage youth and survivor feedback directly to inform our prevention strategies.
- CPA uses its collective voice to amplify our individual advocacy efforts, and seeks to create innovative and effective primary prevention strategies collectively that can be scaled to a larger audience.
- The work of CPA is not a replacement of the individual services provided by its members, but an enrichment and complement.
For more information about Chicago Prevention Alliance, please contact Jan Waters.
CPA Members (steering members have a * by their name):
A Long Walk Home
Between Friends Chicago – Teen Dating Violence Prevention
Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Exploitation (CAASE) *
Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center
Chicago Women’s Health Center
Communities In Schools of Chicago
Howard Brown Health Center – In Power: The Sexual Harm Response Program
Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health
Imagination Theater *
JCFS Chicago – Response for Teens
KIDS HAVE HOPE
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital, The Potocsnak Family Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Sexuality Education Program
Mujeres Latinas en Accion *
Planned Parenthood of Illinois
Prevent Child Abuse Illinois
Youth Outreach Services
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago *