Toy and Clothing Donations – Kids Resource Closet
In addition to monetary gifts, ChicagoCAC accepts donations of certain items to support families in need for our Kids Resource Closet and our child-friendly programs. We also accept toy donations during the month of November for our Kids Holiday Party and Toy Drive, and new school supplies during our summer Back To School Backpack Drive.
You can help provide a welcoming, fun experience for clients by donating new or gently used developmentally appropriate toys that represent diverse populations. We’re always looking for:
- Child-appropriate DVDs
- Play-Doh and accessories
- Arts and crafts kits or materials
- Board games
- Sensory toys, such as squishy balls and fidget toys
- For 0-2 years: Stacking cups, soft/cardboard books with different textures/mirror, music toys, teethers, sensory boards
- For 2-4 years: Duplo Legos, pretend food/dishes, matching games, games that encourage simple sorting, pretend play toys that don’t have small pieces: trucks, dinosaurs, baby dolls
- For 4-6 years: Duplo Legos, dolls (Barbies/LOL), action figure/superhero, blocks, coloring items
- For 6-10 years: STEM kits, kinetic sand, larger dolls, Lego kits, action figures, remote control cars, board/card games like UNO, Trouble, Suspend, Connect Four.
- For 11+: Acrylic nail kits, journals, art kits, makeup kits, items for self-expression, portable speakers, sports equipment
Many of our families face a few tough issues at once, so fresh clothes, diapers and other necessities can go a long way to help caregivers. We collect the following new, unused items to give to families in need:
- T-shirts, sizes 2T-16
- Pants/shorts, sizes 2T-16
- Kids’ socks and underwear in all sizes
- Kids’ shoes of all sizes
- Diapers/pull-ups, all sizes
- Baby wipes
- School uniforms, sizes 4-16
- Shampoo and conditioner for textured hair: Shea Moisture or Cantu
Host an Event
One of the most fun ways you can support Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center and raise awareness of our mission is by hosting an event. There are endless possibilities, including jeans days at the office, bowling parties, happy hours, sports events, wine tastings, concerts, poetry slams and Oscar parties. ChicagoCAC provides support and customizable personal fundraising pages, so you can collect donations easily and securely.