The Road to Resilience
Introduction to trauma, its impact and trauma-informed environments
Trauma has a significant impact on children and adults. Trauma-informed environments encourage resilience in children, caregivers and providers. ChicagoCAC conducts The Road to Resilience at workplaces and community sites to discuss:
- Defining trauma
- Understanding the prevalence of trauma in society
- The impact of trauma on individuals and communities
- Elements of a trauma-informed environment
- How to support children, families and yourself
Please note: There are fees associated with this training. Contact us for rates.
This training is intended for professionals and community members. In most cases, CE hours are available ($15 for licensed social workers and counselors, free for early intervention providers).
This training is 1.5 to 2 hours in length. It can be customized for specific sites.
This training is available by request at your facility or at ChicagoCAC.
For more information, contact Julia Strehlow:
(312) 492-3718 or JStrehlow@ChicagoCAC.org