Helping keep children with special needs safe
Children with disabilities are at an increased risk for abuse and may have special considerations to address communication, mobility and/or dependence needs. This training series includes four sessions covering:
- Creating family safety plans to prevent sexual abuse
- Talking to children to reduce vulnerability to sexual abuse
- Protecting children from abuse in program settings
- Identifying behaviors in adults, teens and children that may put them at risk of sexually abusing children
This training is intended for providers for and parents of children with special needs.
This training is 4 hours, but it may be broken into 1-hour sessions by topic.
This training is available by request at your facility or at ChicagoCAC.
For more information, contact Meg O’Rourke:
(312) 492-3750 or MORourke@ChicagoCAC.org