Community Advisory Council
The mission of Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center’s Community Advisory Council is to broaden awareness of child sexual and physical abuse and the center as a resource. Members of this group receive training and serve as ambassadors for ChicagoCAC in their communities and beyond. Activities include but are not limited to:
- distributing ChicagoCAC materials to local groups, including civic, religious, school and business organizations.
- assisting with ChicagoCAC’s annual awareness event in recognition of April as Child Abuse Prevention Month
- participating in legislative outreach to help ensure stable funding for ChicagoCAC and to advocate for strategic legislation related to child abuse
- making introductions to individuals, organizations and communities that would benefit from receiving outreach about ChicagoCAC and its services.
If you are interested in applying for this group, contact Julia Strehlow:
(312) 492-3718 or JStrehlow@ChicagoCAC.org